Small college, with mountains of opportunity... including your career!
Feather River College is a small CA Community College located in the heart of the beautiful Sierra Nevada. Our rural location provides us the ability to provide a one-of-a-kind educational experience for students and employees alike. We are a fun, community oriented, and hands-on group of staff and faculty that love welcoming new members and ideas to our growing team.
You can hear what others have to say about their experience working here below. Your next career opportunity is here, so what are you waiting for?
"After a couple years of trying something different, and being away from education entirely, the call of Quincy came knocking. Being away gave us a more clear perspective. FRC had such a profound impact on me... I feel incredibly fortunate to be able to dedicate my career to giving that same experience to others."
"Besides Feather River College's beautiful location, the faculty have been so positive and welcoming. It's like coming home."
Most Common FAQ's
Full medical, dental, and vision coverage; with 5 different plan options to choose from*
Access to District funded Health Savings Account; meaning no out-of-pocket expenses
District provided life insurance at 1.5x your annual salary*
District funded retirement plans through PERS/STRS
Access to tax deferred 403(b) and 457 retirement plans
Legal and Financial consultation available
*For those that qualify
CalPERS at a Glance:
- Service credit is the time you accrue while on the job under a CalPERS-covered employer.
- The minimum retirement age for service retirement for most members is 50 years with five years of service credit.
- The more service credit you have, the higher your retirement benefits will be.
- There are three basic types of retirement: service, disability, and industrial disability.
- Your retirement benefits are based on a formula – not what you contribute into the system.
- CalPERS YouTube Channel
CalSTRS at a Glance:
- Retirement Formula: service credit x age factor x final compensation
- CalSTRS administers a hybrid retirement system consisting of a traditional defined benefit plan (Defined BenefitProgram), cash balance plans (Defined Benefit Supplement Program and Cash Balance Benefit Program)and a voluntary defined contribution plan (CalSTRS Pension2®) for California’s public school educators prekindergarten to community college.
- Also provides disability and survivor benefits.
- CalSTRS is governed by the Teachers’ Retirement Law, part of the California Education Code.
FRC prides itself on fostering an inclusive and welcoming community of both students and staff or faculty. It is not uncommon for employees to mingle and hang out outside of work environments.
There is also an FRC Mentor Program designed to help employees transition to FRC during their first year of employment.
In general, this is a very unique and fun employment setting that fosters a true sense of community.
Eligible employees can accrue up to 25 paid vacation days, per year!
Generous amount of accruable sick days.
Summer flex schedule that allows employees to have Fridays off in June and July!
Access to Feather River Fitness center.
Access to FRC athletic events, speakers, films, and cultural events happening year-round.
Treat yourself to staff/faculty free lunches when provided.
Be in the know through word of mouth for housing opportunities, community events. etc.
There are currently up to 16 paid holidays on the annual Academic Calendar, which includes an entire week during our Winter Break.
We are the home of the Million Acre Classroom! That means if you enjoy the great outdoors, you will enjoy living in Plumas County. We are a small, tight-knit community surrounded by the beauty of the Sierra Nevada mountain range. We are also a vibrant and eclectic community that loves to gather and entertain. There are usually events every week in-and-around town. And as you can imagine, we have an abundance of lakes, rivers, streams, and forestland at our doorstep. See below for additional resources.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.