马 & 牧场管理(B).S.)
Bachelor's of Science in 马 and Ranch Management
Feather River College started offering in the Fall of 2016 a bachelor's of science pilot program in 马 and ranch management in cooperation with the California Community College Chancellor’s Office. This unique degree combines scientific agricultural ranch management courses with hands-on horse related disciplines that incorporate both traditional and progressive performance-horse methods. 学生 will have daily opportunities to work with horses and livestock while integrating management and business principles into working for, or creating a successful horse enterprise or ranch operation.
The baccalaureate degree will meet industry needs by producing graduates who will demonstrate the following student learning outcomes upon graduation:
- Knowledge of agricultural, 马, and livestock management related disciplines that incorporate both traditional and progressive practices.
- An ability to analyze data and solve problems in the 马 and ranch management field.
- A proficiency in critical thinking, 阅读, 写作, and oral language skills in an agriculture occupational context.
- Developed and demonstrable leadership skills that enhance professional success in the agriculture and 马 industry.
- An ability to enter employment or create a successful entrepreneurial business in the field of 马 and ranch management, or transfer to a university for an advanced degree in a related field.
Four Year Bachelor Program
The application for the 马 and Ranch Management Bachelor Degree Program is available on the 招生 and 记录 website at www.koi808.net/admissions/apply-for-bachelor-program.
For more information, please contact Crystal Anderson, 农业 Department, via 电子邮件 或283-0202分机.272.
Statements about the Program
“The agriculture community has a high need for skilled and knowledgeable four year college graduates. This new degree option will benefit the livestock and agriculture industry throughout the region and state.”
“这种创新, hands-on degree will benefit the livestock and agriculture industries throughout the region and state. CCA firmly believes that these industries will embrace this specialized degree as the standard-bearer to fill numerous ranch and 马-management positions.”
“学生 completing this degree will understand the history and culture of ranching life that Feather River College has been teaching their students for over 32 years… Trainers are in constant need for young people with the experience to go right into the workforce and the horse industry. There is definitely a shortage of them. It is my experience from hiring a lot of interns from FRC, that they're definitely on the right path.”
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.